The scheme helps organisations meet customers' quality requirements and relevant regulatory requirements, while also enhancing customer satisfaction and achieving continual improvement of performance.
Certification standards recognised under the scheme are:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – Requirements (or the identical domestic version AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016); and
- NZS 8100:2007 Dairy Herd Testing
ISO 9001 is aligned with other management systems standards such as ISO 14001, allowing organisations to easily integrate systems.
As a management systems scheme, applicant CABs will need to comply with ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 – Conformity Assessment – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems. In addition, CABs must also apply the competence requirements in ISO/IEC 17021-3:2017 – Conformity Assessment – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems – Part 3: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of quality management systems.
Applicants should seek further information from the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries about offering certification to NZS 8100.
- Promotes effective and efficient quality management and provides a framework for an effective quality management system for organisations.
- Assures staff, customers and other external stakeholders that their quality requirements can be met.
- Helps organisations improve efficiency, reduce waste, and drive down costs.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001); New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (NZS 8100).
An application pack, application form and other relevant material is not available on this site. These documents are available through our SharePoint portal. If you are a body that we currently accredit, you can access this information through the Share CAB Portal. If you are a new applicant, please complete an application enquiry form. Once this form is submitted, the Secretariat will provide you with a temporary username and password for the portal. For other stakeholders please submit your inquiry through the online feedback form.
Further information on certification to test herds is available at: http://www.mpi.govt.nz/news-and-resources/resources/registers-and-lists/certification-bodies-and-certified-herd-testers/