The scheme is based on ISO 50001:2011 - Energy management systems - Requirements with guidance for use. Compliance with this standard helps organisations improve their energy performance, increase energy efficiency and reduce climate change impacts. ISO 50001 is aligned with other management systems standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, allowing organisations to easily integrate systems.
Applicant CABs will need to comply with ISO 50003:2014 - Energy management systems - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management systems.
As a management systems scheme, applicants also need to comply with ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Conformity Assessment – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems. Part 1: Requirements.
- Helps organizations make better use of their energy consuming assets.
- Promotes transparent and effective communication on energy management policies.
- Promotes energy management best practices and reinforces good energy management behaviours.
- Helps evaluate and prioritize implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
- Provides a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Facilitates energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
An application pack, application form and other relevant material is not available on this site. These documents are available through our SharePoint portal. If you are a body that we currently accredit, you can access this information through the Shared CAB Portal. If you are a new applicant, please complete an application enquiry form. Once this form is submitted, the Secretariat will contact you to advise the next steps. For other stakeholders, please submit your inquiry through the online feedback form.