The CemAssure scheme is based on the requirements set out in the CemAssure Policy and Procedure Manual. These requirements were developed by the CemAssure Board, supported by industry experts and relevant stakeholders. The CemAssure Limited is an industry-owned body set up specifically to manage a conformity assessment scheme for the Australian cementitious materials industry.
CemAssure provides a process of third party review of the conformity of despatched product for cement, flyash, slag and amorphous silica products with prevailing Australian Standards. Conformity assessment standards utilised under the scheme include:
- AS 3972 – general purpose and blended cements
- NZS 3122 - Specification for Portland and blended cements (General and special purpose),
- NZS 3125 - Specification for portland-limestone filler cement,
- NZS 3123 - Specification for pozzolan for use with Portland and blended cement and
- AS/NZS 3582.1 Supplementary cementitious materials Part 1: Fly ash,
- AS 3582.2 Supplementary cementitious materials Part 2: Slag,
- AS/NZS 3582.3 Supplementary cementitious materials Part 3: Amorphous Silica.
The conformity of cementitious products will be evaluated by certification bodies accredited by JAS-ANZ to ISO/IEC 17065:2012 – Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
The outcome of the evaluation by the certification body will be a decision to certify, or maintain certification or otherwise, the product under the CemAssure Scheme. The decision to register is based on the certification awarded by the certification body. Applicant CABs will need to comply with the relevant sections of the CemAssure Policy and Procedures Manual and ISO/IEC 17065:2012.
- Provides supply chain confidence in the production and performance of cementitious materials.
- Ensures consistent product is available for use by the Australian construction industry.
An application pack, application form and other relevant material is not available on this site. These documents are available through our SharePoint portal. If you are a body that we currently accredit, you can access this information through the Shared CAB Portal. If you are a new applicant, please complete an application enquiry form. Once this form is submitted, the Secretariat will contact you to advise the next steps. For other stakeholders, please submit your inquiry through the online feedback form.